Community Living Fort Erie . . .
People using our services to bring forth service issues or concerns, provide Policy and Procedure change recommendations, and work to build a voice and presence in the community for people who have developmental disabilities.
Self-advocates to mentor others and/or advocate for others when needed.
People on their Rights and how to advocate for one’s self in an effective and respectful way.
“Self Advocacy” is . . .
- learning how to speak up for yourself,
- making your own decisions about your own life,
- learning how to get information so that you can understand things that are of interest to you,
- finding out who will support you in your journey,
- knowing your rights and responsibilities,
- listening and responding respectfully to others
“Peer Advocates” are people with strong self-advocacy skills, whom have chosen to provide support to others whom may need assistance when advocating for themselves.
Community Living – Fort Erie depends on Peer Advocates to assist in educating our community, promote positive change within the organization and be a resource and support to other members of the organization.
Contact us to learn more.