Community Support promotes full inclusion for adults with intellectual challenges living in the community. We focus on individual responses and assist people to achieve personal outcomes through the development of a person-directed plan. We facilitate the removal of barriers to participation in the community. This may include barriers such as financial, physical or transportation.
Community Support – Community Living Fort Erie
Common areas supported through this department are as follows:
- Employment Supports
- We can assist adults with intellectual challenges to identify and achieve their employment goals. We offer support with accessing community employment agencies. We will also partner with such agencies to assist with Job Search, Job Maintenance and On-the-job training.
- We can assist people in finding volunteer opportunities within their Community.
- Recreation and Leisure
- We can assist people in finding recreation and leisure opportunities based on their interests.
- We can assist people in finding educational services which are of interest to them. Work with educational institutions to ensure appropriate supports are provided.
- Supported Living
- Can provide case management, life skills support and advocacy to adults with intellectual challenges who are living on their own in their community.