Pictured above from left to right are: Scott Maskell & Brian Maskell of Glenny Insurance handing the donation to Maureen Brown & Pam Coulthurst of Community Living~Fort Erie.
The donation of $2,500.00 from Gore Mutual Insurance Foundation was made to support Community Living~Fort Erie Inclusive Opportunity Grant.
Funds are provided directly to the people we support through the Inclusive Opportunities Grant (IOG).
Individuals can apply for funds to assist with removing financial barriers to inclusion. The funds are available to anyone over the age of 18 who is supported by Community Living Fort Erie.
In order to receive funding the applicant must be working towards a goal of community inclusion that requires the assistance of this funding to be able to achieve it.
This Grant is available to access throughout the year as activities and inclusive opportunities arise.
- The Applicant must be receiving service from Community Living~Fort Erie at the time of application.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- The request must promote inclusive opportunities for the applicant.
- The applicant must be working towards a specific goal of community inclusion that requires the assistance of this funding to achieve it.
“Sometimes people just need the financial resources to be involved in community activities. With new experiences comes the opportunity to meet new people, develop new friendships and increase community participation. This grant supports and promotes our mission of inclusion for people with intellectual challenges.” states Maureen Brown, Executive Director.
To date over $7,923.00 has been granted to individuals who have reached their goals of attending an inclusive education program, obtaining drivers licenses, taking guitar, tennis, dancing and golf lessons in our community. This money has also been used to remove physical barriers. People we support have received funding towards the purchase of scooters to assist with mobility issues and other physical assistive devices.
Pam Coulthurst, Community Living~Fort Erie Board President offered words of appreciation for the Gore Mutual Insurance Foundation donation. “It is very important that our organization finds ways to assist people with intellectual challenges to be active members of our community. This grant provides the financial assistance required throughout the year to help people to be included. Due to this generous donation made by The Gore Mutual Insurance Foundation financial barriers to inclusion can be removed for more of the people that we support”
Glenny Insurance advocated on behalf of Community Living~Fort Erie to promote the importance of the Inclusive Opportunity grant for people receiving service. “We believe very strongly in giving back to the community and we wanted to use this opportunity to provide awareness about the essential services Community Living~Fort Erie provides,” said Scott Maskell of Glenny Insurance.
Gore Mutual is proud to support Canadian communities through the Gore Mutual Insurance Foundation. The Foundation’s mission is to support the communities served by Gore Mutual Insurance Company by aiding social services, education, health, cultural and environmental activities as may be in the best interest of these communities.
The Foundation’s values include:
- Promoting strong communities in areas where Gore Mutual Insurance Company does business.
- Making effective grants that make a difference.
- Granting funds to effective, well-managed charities with reasonable administrative and fundraising costs.
- Giving grants for general purposes as well as specific health and educational projects.
- Giving grants to organizations that promote the interests of Gore Mutual as well as the public.